Please see the nomination procedure and deadlines below.
ENDORSEMENTS COMMITTEE PROCEDURES
The Endorsements Committee shall consist of representatives approved by the ST Executive Board.
Duties of the Endorsements Committee shall comprise the following:
- The committee will notify all ST members that nominations for elected NYSUT Officer positions are being accepted via email to the Endorsements Committee Chair.
- Any ST Caucus member in good standing as of the date of the announcement may submit a letter of interest and biographical sketch for an elected NYSUT Officer position.
- The Endorsements Committee will review the information submitted by each potential nominee. Each nominee will be given the opportunity to address the Endorsements Committee, in person or via phone conference, and will be allowed to speak for a maximum of fifteen minutes.
- The Endorsements Committee will prepare a report, including the names and credentials of all names submitted for the purpose of consideration for the endorsed slate of the ST Caucus. The Endorsements Committee will recommend a slate of candidates for consideration to the Executive Board. The Executive Board will present the Endorsements Committee’s recommendation to the ST Caucus membership at-large for a ratification vote.
- In the event that the recommended slate does not receive a majority of ballots cast, the Endorsements Committee will submit a second slate to the Executive Board within five days for ratification by the membership at-large. For the purposes of this process, ratification will be considered 50% plus 1 of the ballots cast.
- To allow all ST Caucus members in good standing an ability to participate, voting will take place via secured electronic balloting on a date determined by the Executive Board. A member in good standing is defined as a dues paying member as of the date the nominations process is announced.
- The Endorsements Committee shall prepare a report of the election tally and circulate this information to the ST members electronically via email.
- Announcement - The process will be announced on the ST Caucus website and social media outlets.
October 27th: Nominations process is shared with members via email and social media.
November 9th: All letters of interest are due to the Endorsements Committee Chair (Seth Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org). The Endorsements
Committee will then discuss the applications, interview the candidates, and form a recommended slate.
November 16th: The Endorsements Committee will provide a report to the ST Caucus Executive Board, including the recommended slate.
During the month of December, an online ratification vote will be held to determine the ST Caucus slate for the upcoming NYSUT elections. All members in good standing may vote.