We whole heartedly endorse the Stronger Together slate for NYSUT leadership.
Public education has been under attack and the confirmation of Betsy DeVos as US Secretary of Education has intensified those attacks.
We feel that our leadership needs to fully understand the problems ALL locals face, not just the largest locals in our union.
- We need a leadership team that is strong, passionate, and will organize and educate the public on harmful reform.
- We need a leadership team that will push back against these harmful "reform" policies and preserve equitable and child centered public education in New York State.
- ]We need a leadership team that will unite the power of public school families with NYSUT members to defend our public schools.
- We need a leadership team that will oppose high stakes testing and advocate for an engaged, relevant curriculum that is student based and supported by research.
- We need a leadership team that will fight flawed laws and policies from Albany or Washington.
- We need a leadership team that will refuse to accept changes imposed on our membership such as 3012-d and Tier VI.
- We need a leadership team that will fight against the current challenges we are facing such as school voucher systems.
- Vouchers will collapse our public schools.
- We need a leadership team of UP-STANDERS.
President-Hauppauge Teachers Association
PAC-Hauppauge Teachers Association